Hi, and welcome to your new CampZone 2020 "Ærpane" badge! This page lists the things you need to get going. Be sure to check in regularly, because we are still expanding the content actively.
Please remember the badge project is a huge volunteer effort - please approach it as a hacker, not as a consumer :). Lots of things can still be improved, and your help is much appreciated!
Just got your badge and want to get going?
- Step-by-step assembly with pictures
- A quick "Getting Started" on how to use your badge
- Learn how to write apps yourself!
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Kartoffel designed a gorgeous 3D printed case: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4544704.
- Mortum designed a sweet punky lasercut case: https://twitter.com/Mortumnl/status/1284412526168543233. He's planning to sell a few if you're interested.
Reducing the audio noise caused by LEDs
Q: Why is this badge called "Ærpane"?
A: Last year's badge had blindingly bright LEDs and was called i-Pane. Now we have loud speakers ;) The "Æ" is because we like memes.
Badge projects are always an enormous team effort, with many hundreds of hours of volunteer work. This year, we're especially thankful to:
- Joris Wittemanfor spearheading the last few hardware design iterations, writing big parts of the STM32 firmware and bootloader, as well as the ESP32 driver needed for the awesome WebUSB website he also introduced.
- Eric van Zandvoort for help with the firmware.
- Quinten van Kessel for help with badge music and logistics.
- Alex-Justin Groot for help with demo apps and logistics.
- Bas Oort for help with planning logistics.
- ALLNET China for once again for being the best production partner we've ever had.
- Tesorion for helping out with some of the project costs.
And to you all for paying for your badges in a year where COVID-19 made sponsored free badges impossible. We couldn't have done it without your trust, and the generous donations some of you made to support the project!